Another photo hunt challenge has come and gone. I am always thinking I have plenty of time to take some fantastic shots. But at the end of the month, I realize that time flies and my shots aren't as thought-out as I'd like. Also, not having a high functioning camera is really starting to bother me as well. I just feel like my shots are no comparison to others' I've seen. And I wish I could say that I tried my best, but I don't think I really did. I left a lot of them to the last minute, failed on two of them, and just settled on several of the shots. Here are my entries for the October Photo Hunt Challenge!
1. In Disguise - I am a prisoner locked up behind bars! (really a pretend prisoner behind a chair!)
2. Crisp - tons of crisp leaves
3. Fall Colors - I couldn't choose one so I posted both
4. A Jack O' Lantern - a jack o' lantern at our office on top of tons of paperwork ... a nice cute change from the normal creepy jack o' lanterns :)
5. A Shot from the Ground - taken at Mt. Echo park on the ground
6. A Landscape - I never really saw any great landscape opportunities, but this is the best I could come up with. I love all of the tiny cute trees. And of course I had to do some editing :)
7. A Fall Tradition - it's a tradition for our company to have a Halloween party and contest, and to take a group photo outside of our building.
8. Books - FAIL - I took tons of pictures trying to make something look cool, but I didn't like any of the pictures so I'm not going to submit them
9. Dining - some "Guacamoldy with Creature Chips" that I made for Halloween
10. Child/Children - adorable statues
11. Faces Formed in Nature - a pillar at Mt. Echo park... aka a "sad face"
12. Tilt-Shift Photography - view of my hometown, Cincinnati
13. Black & White w/ Selective Coloring
14. Bokeh - not really the professional "bokeh" but as close as I could get with my camera. This is a view of a flag overlooking Cincinnati from behind pillar arches.
15. Best Photo Taken October 23rd - this picture was taken at a 90th birthday party. They were showing their affection :) I wish I had better editing software so that I could make this picture better... I would make the foreground pop more and basically black out the background. I wasn't able to do it in Picnic. Maybe Photoshop one day.... I originally wanted to get a picture of the birthday lady blowing out her candles, but I wasn't prepared and didn't have my camera on me when the time came. Boooooo!
16. Something from the Kitchen - FAIL - I didn't have anything interesting in my house or work kitchen, and took several shots but again wasn't satisfied with any.
17. Something Vintage - Some old film reels at my work. We do some film archiving and it is considered a "vintage" kind of technology. I added the cinemascope effect to it and made it look dim.
18. Something Creepy - (archive) - creepy cemetary (I made it dark and gloomy looking with some editing). I don't really like this picture but couldn't come up with anything "creepy"
19. Something Golden - trophy display at my work
20. Self Portrait
I don't feel too good about that round, but oh well. That happens sometimes. I checked out November's Photo Hunt Challenge, which is only a 10-item list this time around, but I don't think I will be participating in that one. I wasn't super excited by the items on the list, and just don't think I will have time to do as well as I would like. Plus I am a bit discouraged with my camera. Hopefully I will be participating in December's photo hunt challenge...